Sunday 4 June 2017

Workout 4

Todays workout!

Shoulderstand Squats:

1 x 50
1 x 50
1 x 50

Notes: 3 min break between sets




As you're probably going to get bored of me saying these are more difficult than they look and I was definitely breaking a sweat keeping the correct form and staying at the right cadence. For all that though I hit the progression standard fairly easily.

Before I started today I performed some APT (Anterior Pelvic Tilt) exercises and stretches to warm up. These exercises help to correct APT/Lower Cross Syndrome and it's something I'd like to try and do on a daily basis. I'll talk more specifically about the exercises in a future post.

Long story short, I din't feel nearly so much tightness in my lower back as I performed the Shoulderstand Squat today. I put that down to the APT warm-up.

Goal for next workout: Hit the progression standard again

Vertical Pulls:

1 x 40
1 x 40
1 x 40

Notes: 3 min break between sets






I achieved the progression standard fairly easily today. I tried to make it more difficult for myself by shifting the position of my feet forwards and slowing down. I also made sure to keep my shoulders tight during the entire exercise. I'd still like to hit the progression standard at least one or 2 more times before I get going on step 2.

Goal for next workout: Hit the progression standard again


No comments:

Post a Comment