Monday 5 June 2017

New Blood v 2.0

I've changed course slightly and decided to concentrate on only 4 exercises for the time being. This is to come into line with Pauls advice and also partly because handstands are freaking me out a bit!

As such, I'll be following a variation of the 'New Blood' program as described in Convict Conditioning. Paul advises getting to Step 6 in each of Pushups, Leg Raises, Pullups and Squats before proceeding to the next program 'Good Behaviour', which incorporates Bridges and Handstand Pushups.

New Blood v 2.0, which I've opted for, is described in the Convict Conditioning Super FAQ. It's a more intense program upping the workouts from 2 to 3 times per week with at least one day off before each workout. This suits me pretty well. My new program will look like this:

WEEK 1

Day 1 - Pushups: 2-3 work sets, Leg Raises:  2-3 work sets

Day 2 - REST

Day 3 - Pullups: 2-3 work sets, Squats: 2-3 work sets

Day 4 - REST

Day 5 - Pushups: 2-3 work sets, Leg Raises:  2-3 work sets

Day 6 - REST

Day 7 - REST

WEEK 2

Day 1 - Pullups: 2-3 work sets, Squats: 2-3 work sets

Day 2 - REST

Day 3 - Pushups: 2-3 work sets, Leg Raises:  2-3 work sets

Day 4 - REST

Day 5 - Pullups: 2-3 work sets, Squats: 2-3 work sets

Day 6 - REST

Day 7 - REST

So the idea is that I'll always alternating between Pullups/Squats and Pushups/Leg Raises.

I'm thinking I'll also try and squeeze in a sprint session during the week on one of the rest days and, depending on how I'm feeling, put a workout in on Day 7 from time to time.

Just to clarify I'm still starting off on Step 1 of all 4 exercises.

I feel that this is an appropriate change to my program and truly sets a baseline for me to build on.

No comments:

Post a Comment