Saturday 17 June 2017

Workout 8,9 and 10

Got a bit lazy with posting but let's try and get back into this!

I'll just post a summary of my notes here and get back into proper posting from Workout 11.

Workout 8

For Workout 8 I started Jackknife Squats and managed to hit the progression standard (3 x 40) fairly easily. That said I want to continue this exercise for another 3 workouts or so.

This was followed by Vertical Pulls completed again to the progression standard (3 x 40). I didn't feel like I was getting any more out of that exercise so I decided to go to the Horizontal Pull for the next workout.

Workout 9

Workout 9 was pretty challenging.

After hitting the progression standard for Incline Pushups last time around I wanted something a bit tougher.  The chest of drawers in my bedroom is at about groin height. I thought I would be able to crack this without much trouble but this few inches of incline made the world of difference. I achieved 1 x 30, 1x 30 and 1 x 25, way off the progression standard. I'll go back to a midpoint incline for my next workout.

Knee Tucks continue to be difficult for me and now due to a separate incident seem to be causing pain in my lower back.  Because of this I'm going to progress to Step 2 - Flat Knee Raises to see if I can relieve some of the pressure on my lower back.

Workout 10

As mentioned in Workout 8, I decided to move to step 2 the Horizontal Pull. To accommodate this I utilised the squat rack at my gym, lowering the bar to around hip level and using that to pull myself up.  In the end I only achieved 3 (not very convincing) sets of 10, showing that I have a LOT of progress to make.

Convict Conditioning suggest raising the bar higher to make it easier so that's what I'll do for my next workout.

I didn't attempt any more Jackknife Squats as I ran out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment